Monday, August 4, 2008

In-fashion


Time goes by, age increases, and so does the required storage capacity for pendrives. While shopping for one that is sleek, tiny and has good appearance, I stumbled across the pendrive which I was searching while I bought the Kingston Mini Migo. It is the Pendrive Envo. From 1GB to 2GB, this time it is 4GB. The Pendrive Envo measures slightly small in certain dimension as compared to the Kingston Mini Migo. Longing to get my hands on it, I decided to buy it eventhough the price is higher as compared to other 4GB pendrives. This time, it cost me RM53. (Cheapest 4GB pendrive cost around RM35)

“Envo” which derives from the word “En-vogue” means in-fashion. The roundish back loop has a light that luminates when data is being transferred. A very special thing is that it comes with a unique packaging, allowing it to be re-usable in many ways. (I didn't expect it to have a nice casing, and it is the first pendrive I've ever come across which has a casing!)


Specifications
Capacity: 4GB
Dimensions: 40mm x 20mm x 8mm (L x W x D)
Compatible with USB specification 2.0 and 1.1
Hot plug & play
No external power is required - DC 4.5V ~ 5.5V from USB port
Durable solid-state data retention for at least 10 years
Shock resistance:1000G (maximum)
Read Speed: 6.0 MB/sec
Write Speed: 4.0 MB/sec

System Requirements
Support of Windows Vista / XP / 2000 / ME without device driver
Support of Linux Kernel 2.4.10 and higher without device driver
Support of Mac OS 8.6 and higher without device driver
Support of Windows 98 / SE with device driver needed

5 years warranty

Package Contents
PenDrive Envo 2.0
Retractable String


*Specifications adapted from: http://www.pendrive.com.my/usb-envo.htm

No comments: